Monday, 3 January 2011

1.In what ways does your media product use, develop, or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Features Page:

Each aspect covers and uses conventions of real media products such as music magazines. With my features page, I included a slogan to give the readers a brief description of what my article was about, I included house colours of black and red as a brand identity throughout, an artists profile to give my audience an idea of the article, bylines for images stating the photographer and journalists, to make it seem more reliable. I included a date and a folio to enhance the realism of the features page and used my logo throughout to make it seem recognisable as a magazine company.









Contents Page:

 

I included conventions such as a message from the editor in order to make the magazine feel more personal to the readers and also to make my coursework appear more realistic. I ran house colour black and red in all my three pages to show a brand identity of my magazine 'Crazed' and included a band index to inform the readers what bands my magazine includes in order to appeal to them. I included a central image to make it look realistic but welcoming. I used headlines and coverlines in sections which breaks everything down and it is easier to situate everything. I also then used a seperate box to show my regular features of my magazine, for example crosswords and wordsearches. I used white as a background in order to make my contents page look cluttered, as cluttered in my opinion appeals to my ideal readers, as it makes it look busy.








Front Cover:


My front cover uses forms and conventions of real media products by including things such as a masthead as a brand identity of the magazine, a central image to entice and interest people, buzzwords to catch peoples attention to the front cover, a dateline- as this is a common convention of music magazines along with a bar code as well,to make it look more realistic and also a lure to bring people in to the magazine. I followed ideas from magazines such as NME or Kerrang to give me some ideas, as those magazines are of a similar target audience as my ideal readers are.

No comments:

Post a Comment