Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Analysing Features Page Pitching Results

As you are aware, for our AS coursework we were to produce a features page of a music magazine. I created this features page, and then printed it out onto A3 paper. I then produced a PowerPoint presentation  evaluating my features page and also mentioning what I have included and why. I showed a small group of people in my class, who are actually my target audience age, and asked them seven questions and asked them to score from 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. I asked them to comment on my styles, features and layout, forms and conventions of features pages, language style, mode of address, camera angles, variety of shot distances, fonts and text sizes variety and selecting an mise en scene. All the results I received were a mixture between threes, fours and fives. For my style, feature and layout the majority of people gave me threes and fours along with one five. The comments I received were how people thought my layout worked well. For using forms and conventions I received mainly fours. I had a lot of comments, stating how my features page does actually look realistic and something that would be seen in a music magazine aimed at people aged 14-20. I then spoke about my language style and mode of address. People scored this as a 4, which I was happy with. My mode of address was specifically aimed at my target audience, and I wanted to make my features page in a sense, formal, to show maturity. We then asked about variety of shot distances and variety in fonts and text size, from this question I received again, mainly fours and fives. I wasn't actually happy with my photography for my features page, so receiving this was promising, however I think I may retake some images for my features page. With variety in fonts and text size, I received all fours. I was happy with this result because I myself liked the variety I had in sizes, however perhaps I could add more variety in fonts, using more than one font on my features page. Lastly, the question was judging my mise en scene. For this I received a mixture of fours and fives. This interested me because I purposely went for a black and white theme for my features page, so clearly this did actually work out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment