For our preliminary task, we were asked to design and make a front cover page and a contents page. We used the software Serif PagePlus 11 to create and design these. Below is my contents page. Although it looks quite basic, I think this works quite well, because it shows the purity of my school. I used a dark pink background, because my magazine is aimed at girls being my school being an all girls school. I know this is very judgemental of me, however, I thought as it was a darker shade of pink it worked better. I used the white font against it, to make everything stand out and catch people's attention more. I have put in the schools logo being 'Fusion' on the right hand, top side of the page. I have done this to remind people what school magazine this is. The font I have chosen for my masthead of 'Contents' is aligned to the left, simply because I wanted to break tradition and make it look more unique. My font used as the text, is quite lively and fun looking text. It is sans serif which looks more attractive and also more friendly to the students. The way I have sectioned my text is also different and unique and breaks the status quo. I did this for my contents page to look different and unique. Overall I am quite happy with my contents page, because although it looks quite subtle, it also looks very effective in my opinion. Here is my contents page:
No comments:
Post a Comment