We were to design and come up with lots of different fonts, to be then used finally for our preliminary task of creating a front cover of a school magazine. I decided to name my school magazine 'Fusion'. I then began to come up with different types of font, although I will most likely not use these ideas, I decided to post them to show my progress up to my final design. Here is my first set of ideas:We also were learning about The Ten Rules of Typography in print based Media by Paul Felton. Here we were studying the ten rules in detail, and were deciding whether or not we would go against these rules and why. With my preliminary task, I didn't use more than three different typefaces in each document, I placed both my headlines at the top of the page and they were in larger font, however I did break the third rule by using my body copy a bigger font than 10pt or 8pt. I did this because I thought my front page and contents page suited better with a larger font to make it more readable for people. The fourth rule I agreed with, and used suitable font, however I didn't specifically use kerning in either of my front page or contents page. I did however, use stressing, by making my font on my front page and my contents page bold, I did this in order for it to stand out and to make it easier to read. I didn't use capitals for a whole text body and I didn't ensure all my letter were aligned on a baseline. I went against the nineth rule, by not using the flush left ragged right alignment. I wanted to structure my front page and contents page differently and uniquely. And finally, for the tenth rule, I broke this again and I did not make my lines too short or too long, I wrote what I wanted to write and didn't follow this rule whatsoever.
No comments:
Post a Comment