We produced a front cover of a school magazine and a contents page of a school magazine. I decided to name my school magazine ‘Fusion’ as I thought it sounded quite mysterious and fancy. I aimed my school to be an all girls school, so I had a set target audience of who my school magazine was aimed at. My front cover has a dark pink background. I followed this through with my contents page too, like it was a house colour. Stereotypically, as it is an all girls school I set my background to pink, because if it was an all boys school I wouldn’t be setting my background as pink there! However it is a darker shade of pink so this makes it less stereotypical. The font I used, I carried on with both my front page and my contents page. The font was sans serif and looks quite a bubbly and lively font. It looks a friendly font, so this is suitable and good for a school magazine. I then included three pictures of my front page. Each picture shows different things, for example one is a student working, another is receiving achievement- showing the schools talents and the other is of two students looking happy and smiling. I cut and shaped the images differently, simply to make the images look more unique and make my front cover look much more unique. I then included a quote at the bottom of the front cover, simply to ‘show off’ and excel the school of its judgements. I also made up a logo, although it was quite a basic logo, I thought including a logo would be much better and make my front cover look more realistic and good. For my contents page, as mentioned before, I have used the same colour background throughout like it is a house colour. I used the same font again, following that through too. However, I changed the colour of my font to white, just to show clarity and difference between my front cover and my contents page. I structured my contents page text differently, just to make it look more stylish and unique. It also makes it look more friendly, as and it is a school magazine, this helps it look more enjoyable and appealing to students. I included the title of the school along the side, just to show what school they are talking about, if somebody accidentally missed the front page or something. What is included in my magazine varies. I have used traditional things that normal school magazines hold, for example term dates and so on, but I have also included things like interviews with teachers, and students achievements and peer mentoring. I have made my magazine act as a school magazine properly. Obviously, it is obvious that the instituion who made this magazine, would have been a school and you can automatically know this, with the images, and my quote at the bottom of the front cover showing that it is an academic school. The audience for my media product would be the students of the girls school. It would also obviously be aimed only at girls. I have aimed to attract the students by making my font look friendly and not harsh, making the background colour more ‘girly’ and more attractive and also included images of happy students, to intrigue and indise students. From making these products, I have learnt how to use the software Serif. Unforutnatly, I never knew how to use this product, however from this task, I am now able to use the software and now know it well. Overall, I am pleased with my preliminary task. I think I have achieved what the task was to do very successfully and hope it gives a friendly and warm approach to the students. I aimed not to make my front cover looking harsh, as I then knew people wouldn’t want to read it after. So I made it look attractive and friendly to intrigue and lure people into my magazine. I am pleased with how everything came out and am now looking forward to the main task of making my music magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment